20 November 2009

Bird watching

Looking up into the internet tree, i see a nest. I hear... yes it is! It's a twitter of a little blue bird...

In the name of adventure I have signed up to Twitter as anzha21 (not very original I know but a user name I won't be forgetting any time soon). Signing up was easy enough, the usual details et al. Updating and changing the background and (if I wanted) profile image are quite easy to do.

What I could not do was access the list box. I clicked and it came up at the bottom almost hidden. I could not access nor drag it accross. So I ignored it.

I also did not like the way their option selection buttons are. Not sure if its the screen or the set up but there's nothing to symbolise what the 2 buttons are for. At least you can pass the mouse arrow on it and it tells you. But if you're on dial-up it may be a pain due to the slow connection.

Did i like microblogging? Hmmm well supposedly its like texting via sms. Especially for me as i try to limit my sms to one page. Or even on Facebook.  It means you really have to think about what will be posted. Still not used to it and not sure if i like it, especially after seeing what some people write on Twitter. Suppose it's a good way of promoting someone or something, for eg  some of the Tweets (is that the right term?) posted up were like "i'm listening to blank band" or" blank song".  (Question: do i care? This is pretty much what i got when i did 2 searches for 2 singers).  Tweets for librarians could be about reading books, perhaps giving it a review in terms of how many stars or such. Example: " i'm reading blank by blank no/5". Perhaps also to promote events and programs at the library.

Then again a line doesn't really explain anything. Its vague, uninformative and (unless it was an exceptional tweet) dull and unattractive for a person to be motivated to explore further...

No comments:

Post a Comment